Happy 2020 Friends!!! So I was debating on whether or not to post this one, as we did a Taco Bell night during our NFL Line up (week 8) BUT I asked you all if you wanted it, and we got all Yeses across the board! So we have an updated version of Taco Bells Crunchwrap and instead of regular french fries for supreme fries; we decided to go the Taco Time route, and do tater tot nachos = Totchos!
If you know me personally, you know I love Tacos, Nachos and really anything Tex Mex or authentic Mexican food… and my hangover go-to is always Taco Bell. Which as part of my 2020 goals, I am choosing to eat LESS take out, so learning to make my go-to combo from Taco Bell was a smart call! and now… no offense to Taco Bell because you will always be my hangover Boo…. but my 2.0 version knocks the original out of the park!
I don’t normally go to Taco Time, but sometimes its closer so when I do eat it, I always enjoy the Mexi-fries Deluxe but again sorry Taco Time, my version is BETTER!
Hope you guys enjoy this one! I know we did, my girl Toni was over and I made this for her and she had never had either before and she LOVED it!
- 5 Jalapeno & cheese Tortillas Large (1 – cut into 4s)
- Roasted Garlic Tostitos (4-5 pieces per wrap)
- 1 jar Nacho Cheese Sauce (heated)
- I bag Tex Mex mixed cheese
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 bunch green onion diced
- ¼ of iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 lbs Ground Beef cooked with 1 Taco seasoning mixes (I used hot n spicy)
- 1 package Tater tots
- ¼ cup Chipotle & ancho sauce
- 1 cup Sour cream
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Cook tater tots – follow package instructions (425 for 18-20 minutes turning once halfway through)
- Once they are cooked sprinkle Tex Mex cheese on top and toss back in the oven until cheese is melted (2-3 minutes)
- Cheesy Tater tots first
- 2-3 tbsp spicy ground beef
- 2 – 3 tbsp nacho cheese sauce (hot)
- 1 tbsp tomatoes & Green onions
- Chipotle crema
Crunch wrap Instructions:
- 1 Jalapeno & cheese Tortilla
- Chipotle Crema
- 3-4 tbsp taco beef
- 2 tbsp Tex Mex cheese
- 3 tbsp nacho cheese
- 4 – 5 roasted garlic Tostitos
- 1 FAT tbsp Guacamole
- 2 tbsp lettuce
- 2 tsp tomatoes & green onions
- Small quarter piece of tortilla
- Fold corners over the little tortillas so it makes a wrap
- In a hot skillet or indoor grill – spray with PAM and place wrap folded side down for 30 seconds to a minute (golden brown)
- Flip on to other side for 30 seconds to a minute
- Serve with extra Chipotle Crema
- Doritos are good in here or different flavoured Tostitos chips or take your hardshell tacos and break them into 4 pieces and use these as your crunch in the middle!
- Guacamole – avocado, onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes, salt
- Make it your own! add what YOU like!
Crunchwraps 2.0 & Totchos