Happy Sunday All! I hope everyone is staying warm in this god awful weather. It’s freezing here in Calgary today! It’s a great day to have the oven on and to be in the kitchen whipping up Meal prep for this week ahead.
A few friends of mine, have been after me for this quick and easy side dish I make all year long! I can do this on the grill in the Summer as well, but it is perfect for a cold day like today to turn the oven on and have this with dinner!
This recipe is vegetarian-friendly and fairly healthy. The cheese could be cut back if you really wanted to make it super healthy.
Here is the recipe for my quick & easy Zucchini & Tomato Bake
- 2 Zucchini – cut into slices
- 3 to 4 Roma Tomatoes cut into slices
- ¼ cup of butter melted
- 1/4 or 1/3 cup of White Wine (something you would DRINK)
- 2 Fat Garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup Italian 3 cheese shredded mix
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- 1/8 tsp of each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut and place tomatoes and zucchini into 8 x 12 pan, laying between the two slices
- Add butter, wine, garlic, basil, and S&P to a bowl and mix together
- Pour the mixture over the layers so it runs down into the pan
- Add cheeses over the top
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour
- Cover in tin foil for the first half-hour. Remove for last half hour
- Let sit for 3 minutes before serving
Partners well with Grilled Chicken or Chicken Parmesan!!!
Have a fabulous week! and here is a little sneak peek into what we will be posting NEXT…
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms