NFL 2019/2020 Season
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Week 10 is here. Thank Goodness – because week 9, you did me no favours! I made a couple of risky picks last week and it did NOT work in my favour. A bunch of close call games, which went in the wrong direction for this girl! So needless to say, I am not sitting in the Number One spot this week. I went 5 weeks straight and one bad week, and now I have some work to do! That’s the name of the game though, right! It’s okay, I will make it back up in the next few weeks. It’s only a two-point difference. NBD!
Anywho, back to Football Eats for Week 10!! This one is one, is a GAME changer!
PHILLY. CHEESE. STEAK. PIZZA.
(pause for reaction)
Did your head just explode like a cartoon character?
Haha, I said Pizza! It is so good!!! Who doesn’t love food fusion! Don’t get me wrong, a Philly cheesesteak sandwich – is da BOMB! but as a pizza… come on now, anything into Pizza is a winner in my books!
Here are the Roster details for this weeks Line up!
- 2 ribeye steaks
- 2 green peppers sliced thinly
- 1 white onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 18 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 package Pizza mozzarella
- 2-3 cups garlic alfredo sauce base (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cans of pizza dough
- Put the steaks in the freezer for about 20 minutes (if they are a little frozen it helps for slicing them thinly – make sure you have a sharp knife)
- Follow the cooking instructions on the pizza dough package, precook pizza dough (no toppings) for 8 minutes @ 400 degrees (use a nonstick pan or parchment paper under the dough)
- Slice steak and season with salt & pepper
- In a large skillet (medium-high) cook down green peppers and onions in butter and oil until soft and almost caramelized – remove from the hot skillet
- In the same skillet – same temp – add sliced meat and W sauce – cook until browned
- Add back your peppers and onions and turn off skillet
- Pull pizza dough from oven, and start assembly
- Pizza dough
- Garlic alfredo sauce base (enough to coat base on both pizzas)
- Provolone cheese (9 slices per pizza)
- Steak, peppers, and onions – split among the two pizzas
- Finish with Mozzarella cheese
- Bake pizza @ 425 for 10-15 minutes
- Let rest for 5, then cut into slices
Servers 12 – 16 people
Printable Recipe Below
Week 10 – November 10