NFL 2019/2020 Season
What a week of football last week you guys!!!
Brees out for a few games, Roethlisberger out for the SEASON!!!… Oh Man! Pittsburgh is in trouble… and my Pats shut out Miami… What an unreal week! Looking forward to this week… got some Big decisions to work out for picks!!!
Anyways… For this weekends Sunday Game Day – We have a Game of our own…
Two Pasta’s fighting for the Superbowl of Game Day food!
Fried Tortellini vs Fried Ravioli
(with Basil Marinara Sauce & The 4 cheese Dip)
My Sister decided this week we would pay a little tribute to her leading man… Gronkowski.
We miss you Boo!
Here are the Roster details for this weeks Line up!
- 3 fat Garlic cloves diced
- ¼ cup diced Onions
- 1 big can crushed Tomatoes
- 1 fat tbsp Tomato Paste
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 1/3 cup chopped Basil
- 1 tsp Honey
- Tsp of S&P
- 1/3 cup 3 Italian cheese Mix
- 1 fat tbsp EVOO
The 4 Cheese Dip
- ¼ cup 3 Italian cheese Mix
- ½ container of Ricotta (sm)
- 2 Fat Garlic cloves diced
- 2 fat tbsp chopped Basil
- Pinch S&P
- 1 Package of 3 cheese tortellini (sm)
- 1 Package of Double Brie Ravioli (sm)
- 2 cups Milk
- Tsp of S&P
- 1 ½ cups Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups Panko Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 fat Tbsp Basil
- ½ Litre Canola Oil for frying
- Mix all ingredients for “The 4 cheese dip” together and place in the fridge to set
- In a med-high pot, add oil onion and garlic – let these work down about 5 minutes
- Add your tomato paste, S&P, and oregano and mix well – let this sit for 2-3 minutes
- Add crushed tomatoes and honey and stir well – let this sit on med-low heat for about 30 minutes
- While the sauce is coming together, boil and salt some water in a large pot, once boiling drop in your Tortellini (cook 4-6 minutes) and Ravioli (cook 3-4 minutes)
- Once the pasta is cooked, set aside on cutting board for the pasta to cool
- In one bowl add your milk, and in another bowl add your bread & panko crumbs, S&P, Parmesan, garlic powder, and Basil and Mix well
- Once the pasta is cool enough to handle, dip it into the milk well, then into the crumb mixture to coat – do this for all pasta until complete
- In 2 Large pots add your canola oil (Split) and turn on to high heat, let heat for about 4-5 minutes then drop in 1 tortellini to test – you want a golden-brown fry on the pasta. Takes about 2-3 minutes flipping a couple times to get a good brown on these – cook all pasta *in batches (DO NOT crowd the oil or you will not get an even cook)
* two pots just make for faster frying & turn on your FAN it can get Smelly :S *light a candle
- While the pasta is frying, add your cheese and basil into your sauce for the final touch
- Put both sauces into bowls, and the pasta on a plate and ENJOY 😊
Not gonna lie…. these are Deadly!!!
My Grandma and Mother are visiting right now, and I got their Seals of approval!!!
Printable Recipe Below
I said I would share a couple Picks… every so ofter, to help some of you guys out 🙂
so here are my for sures for this week…
San Fran over Pittsburgh!
Pats over the Jets!