Hello Foody Friends!
I recently made these noodles for a lunch I did for the girls at work. It was my Bosses birthday and she tries to eat fairly Vegan as much as she can, so I came up with a few things that would work and surprised her with lunch! These noodles were a big hit! They are so delicious, you can eat them warm or cold… they are great both ways! It is also one of those easy dishes to toss together. Its the perfect Asian inspired pasta!
Here is what you need:
- 1 good handful of linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Green onions, Chopped peanuts, Cilantro, Diced carrots, sesame seeds
- Sriracha…for extra spice
*Tip: add more red pepper flakes or chili paste or dice up some Thai chilies as well for added heat
Here is what you do:
- Drop your pasta into boiling salted water and cook to tender
- Heat the sesame oil and 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes over medium-high heat until it starts to sizzle. Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes
- Drain the Oil and toss the chili flakes
- on Medium heat add the Soya sauce, chili paste, and honey to the oil and mix well, it should start to thicken slightly
- Drain pasta and add hot noodles into your sauce and mix well
- Toss in a container and let cool while soaking in the sauce
When ready to eat, top with desired toppings listed above and voila!
Spicy Thai Noodles
I swear you will LOVE these noodles, they are so crazy good! All 5 of us at work went for seconds on these noodles. They are just too good to pass up!
They are a great make-ahead dish as well because they are even better the longer they sit in that sauce and can also be eaten warm or cold!
As you can see I made Salad rolls and peanut sauce and a Cucumber salad to go alongside these noodles, but they would be great beside an Asian style pork chop or Chicken or honestly… they are great as the main attraction!
Download the Recipe right Here!
Happy Cooking Friends! 🙂