NFL 2019/2020 Season
Yes – My Cat is in the background – even he wanted to eat these!! LOL! (Hi Oliver! – not for Kitties)
Last week was a good week for me! I was 11-4 for the week and it put me in 3rd in a pool I am in. This week is gonna be a fun week of ball I hope. San Fran has a 4-0 spot to hold right now… and they are up against the Rams this week – so its gonna be a good game!! This week has a lot of great games going on, and of course; last night MY Team won! Which was honestly a no brainer (Sorry NYG – but Jones… man you played well!.. and he is soo young omg! Anyways.. back to FOOD!
This week was an especially delicious week. A Cuban is my fav sandwich out there! And my version… is LOADED!! I took a few sandwiches to some friends at work (because this makes soo much and I had leftovers) and one of them said to me “NOW THAT’S A SANDWICH!!!, One of the best Kid, truly.” haha! Made my day! I think this one is a winner!
DISCLAIMER: THIS SANDWICH… is a Messy MOFO that barely fits in your mouth… so cover up those Jerseys!
Here are the Roster details for this weeks Line up!
- 2 French Bread loafs
- 24 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 Jar of Garlic Dill Pickles sliced
- ½ bottle of Yellow Mustard
- ¼ cup per Loaf of Bold & Spicy Mustard
- 600 grams of Black Forest Ham sliced thin
- Pulled Pork:
- 5 lb Pork Shoulder
- 1 orange cut in half
- ½ a large onion (leave the end on to hold it together)
- 1 lime cut in half
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 2 packed tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (normal paprika works fine too)
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- In a crockpot, place your orange, onion, and limes cut side down; and turn crockpot on low for 10 hours
- Add the water to the crockpot as well
- In a bowl mix together the salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika, mustard powder, and nutmeg
- Rub your pork shoulder all over with your spice mix
- Place the pork shoulder (fat side up) on top of the oranges, onions, and limes
- Squirt about a ¼ cup of yellow mustard on the top of the pork
- Cover with a lid and leave to cook *I did mine before bed and it was ready in the AM – you want fall apart pork
- When your pork is ready remove from the crockpot into a pan and remove the big piece of fat then begin shredding your pork *Tip – if you find your pork dry (which you shouldn’t) just add a couple tbsps. Of juice from the crockpot
- Let cool a little before assembling your sandwiches
- Turn oven on to 350 and cut your bread in halves *typical Cuban sandwiches, are made with Cuban bread – but I thought this bread from Coop’s Bakery smelt so good I went with this!)
- Slather both sides of your bread with your mustards – covering both sides
- Place 6 slices of cheese on each bottom half of your sandwich
- Then pulled pork, then your pickles, then the Black Forest ham, then 6 more pieces of cheese on top of each sandwich
- Place the top half of your bread on top, cover your loaves in tinfoil and bake for 30-35 minutes *Tip – Press the sandwiches down with a cast iron pan – it helps keep everything in the sandwich
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut into sandwich pieces and enjoy!
Serves 12-14 big sandwiches (cut them in half for 24- 28)
Printable Recipe Below
Week 6 – October 13
Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!!!!
Feel free to use your leftover HAM from thanksgiving for this little number and a dinner roll would be just fine for little mini sandwiches – BE creative and have friggin FUN!
PS. I am going to let you in on a secret… Don’t underestimate some girl who says she likes football…She will sneak up on you and steal your money 😛
I am aiming for a swing pick this week to either put me in 1st or take me out of 3rd. So if you are in a Football pool, the trick is… take some chances, make some gut picks, make some smart picks (know your ball!), make some fun picks and for Pete’s sake… HAVE FUN!