So this blog is going out to one of my oldest and dearest friends Katrina!
Nena, I promised you, I’d post this come comfort food time! Well it snowed here in Calgary today…. like a lot haha. It was the perfect day to turn on the oven and make you some cheesy potatoes!!
For all my other friends and followers out there – this is by far one of my favourite things to eat! It is so delicious and tasty! And it is so worth the calories of adding a whole dang bang of potato chips!!
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 can of Campbell’s mushroom soup
- 3/4 container of sour cream (500ml)
- 1/4 melted butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 bag of ruffled chips (Lays wavy for today’s round)
- 1 cup grated marble cheese (change this up for something different)
Tip: these are great as is but you can add anything to these. Add in some peppers or ground cooked sausage or remove the chips and make some egg wholes and add some eggs for a breakfast twist! Also….. sometimes these are good with some ketchup (sorry mom! I know how you feel about that one) haha!
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add your sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, cheese( save a little for the top), salt & pepper and onion
- Add in your frozen hasbrowns and your melted butter and mix into your 9 x 13
- Top with the remaining cheese and crush your bag of chips o cover the top
- Cover with tin fowl and into the over for 45 minutes then remove the tin foil for another half hour
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving
These freeze well!when you make a huge pan just cut up your portions and plastic wrap them into a freezer bag!
You may not get them into the freezer though haha these potatoes never last long because they are so delicious!!!