Well well well… Here I am! Making an epic comeback! Life got busier then I thought it would. But I am back in full swing! I recently had an epiphany and took my life back into my own hands!
A good lesson in life, sometimes without choice things get bigger than you, and its okay to take that step back for a second to catch your breath… but remember it is your life… and you are the only one who can live it! so remember to LIVE it!
anyways… this Blog is about food not my brilliant life lessons. So as i was saying, I am having an epic Comeback. Last night I took pork chops out of the freezer and I was searching through my fridge for something curb my sweet tooth and i came across some Big Rock Beer Jelly that i was given as a gift that i had not opened yet. So I tried a little on some toast, and Hot Damn! that Sh!t is goo-ooD! So I was like what can I do with that. And I looked at the pork chops and thought SCHNITZEL!!!
I had everything including the Swiss cheese to make this schnitzel I thunked up, and I also had a beautiful bag of mixed coloured potatoes and thought with truffle oil smashed potatoes and green beans!
So tonight… I ate beer Jelly and Swiss pork Schnitzel with smashed butter and truffle potatoes and steamed green beans.
(I know… its okay… you can say it… I do!….. BRITTANY YOU’RE A GENIUS!!!!)
HEHE!! but truthfully – this is so good.
Beer Jelly is getting fairly popular because of all the new local brewing companies that have become a trend. So check out a local brewery or a specialty store and I bet you will come across Beer Jelly… but I happen to live where Big Rock sells their Honey Brown Lager Beer Jelly and I freaking LOVE it… so I will suggest if you can go pick it up – do… Its $6.25 for a 125 ml bottle (which will do 4 pork chops!) Check out the links below on where to get it!
now to make dinner…
What you need:
- 4 boneless pork chops (pounded out slightly – I still like these slightly thick)
- 3/4 cup flour with Salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- half a lemon (juice) & zest
- 1/2 cup of panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- EVOO (enough to coat your skillet)
- half a bag of coloured small potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- tbsp Truffle oil
- pinch of garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 125ml bottle of Big Rock Honey Brown Lager Beer Jelly
(4 heaping tbsp each pork chop)
- green beans
What to do:
- Oven on to 375 degrees, bring a pot of salted water to boil for the potatoes and turn your skillet on to medium high heat and add oil
- In 3 bowls: add your flour & S/P in bowl one, then beat your egg and a little of that lemon juice in the second bowl, and in your last bowl mix together the panko and bread crumbs with that lemon zest
- Pork chops slightly pound out, and then coat in flour, egg, breading mixture.
* Always in that order… this part has to be fast as you must do one at a time and it is going right into the hot skillet
- cook each piece for about 4-5 minutes per side ( want them to have nice colour on each side
- drop your potatoes into your boiling salt water and let cook to soft (15 minutes)
- Toss the pork chops in the skillet into the oven for about 5 minutes
- start steaming your green beans or whatever side veg is – this would be a good time to get that going
- remove the pork chops and add the Beer Jelly and Swiss cheese – put back in the oven for about 8-10 minutes (until cheese is melted)
- Your Potatoes should be ready to smash – add 3 tbsp butter, S&P, garlic powder and Mash! Next add your truffle oil and Parmesan cheese add 1/2 tbsp butter on top
- The green beans should be steamed – just a little s & p and 1/2 tbsp of butter
- Put a Pork chop,some potatoes & beans on a plate and ENJOY