BLAH!! It’s SOOOOOOO Hot here in Calgary! Its been gross, My Condo has been high 30s and Friday and Saturday last week it was upwards of 40 degrees!!! Its just been way too hot to Cook. I have been living off of BBQ’d sausages and salad and Tacos. Quick and easy dinners that don’t require too much work.
If I was a Food network Chef I’d be in an AC’d kitchen with the oven on and cooking whatever I want… but that is a Dream. Oh to be the Pioneer Woman – that is the dream!
anyways, what I have been able to do is make Popsicles to help cool down on these crazy hot nights. Oliver (my kitty cat) even got his own Popsicles because he always wants to eat mine so I made him his own Cat approved ones. Popsicles are the best during the crazy summer heat!
These ones are of-course Adult only popsicles as these have Bailey’s vanilla liqour infused with the strawberries, which is what makes them “creamy”.
What you need:
- 2 cups whole Strawberries
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Baileys vanilla
- French Vanilla Yogurt
What to do:
- in a Sauce pot add your strawberries, sugar and water – bring this to a boil – stirring frequently.
- once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to medium and let the strawberries cook down – you want your strawberry sauce to thicken.
- now you can blend this down with a hand blender or a smooth cream or you can take a fork and just press down on the whole strawberries to keep a little chunkiness to your sauce (this is how I like it)
- add your bailey’s right into the pot and stir in – don’t over stir – you want it to swirl a little and infuse slowly – leave simmering for about 5-8 minutes – stirring occasionally
TIP: If your sauce isn’t thickening to your liking – add a little cornstarch to help it along…
- Turn off heat and let the mixture cool completely before putting together your Popsicles.
- To assemble – 2 tsp strawberry cream into the bottom of each mold, then add in 2 tbsp of yogurt and then more strawberry cream – freeze for at least 4 hours (I like to do overnight) and Enjoy!
I am not so patient but if I was, I would tilt my Popsicle molds and create a cool design with the yogurt and the Strawberry cream – this requires some extra freezing time as you need the first part to slightly freeze in order to keep that separation – Id give it 30 minutes in the freezer each round…