The Second dish I made for Chinese Food night was delicious Ginger Beef.
Slightly less deep fried Ginger Beef! … “Healthier” kind of.
What you need:
- 1 package of Beef stir fry fry strips (Flank steak)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots Juilenned (sticks)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/8 cup grated fresh ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
- Vegetable oil (enough to coat the wok thinly)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tsp Chili paste
What to do:
- Whisk together sauce ingredients and put aside
- mix cornstarch, water and 2 eggs in a large food storage bag – seal, shake and mix well
- dredge your beef in the mixture – shake and coat well (if you can let it sit for a few minutes before dropping into the pan – it will coat better – maybe do this while the Chow Mein is cooking)
- Turn the wok on high and add your oil – then add your beef (be careful – it will splash back) ** if you have a small wok – do it in batches *
- make sure the beef all is laying evenly and keep turning your beef until cooked – 4-5 minutes – remove from the wok and turn the wok down to medium heat
- drain the vegetable oil form the wok and add in your sesame oil
- add your carrots (leaving a few for garnish) and your green onions ( also leaving a few for garnish), garlic and fresh ginger – stir constantly
- add in your sauce and bring it to a boil – stir when you see it start to thicken
- add your beef back in and coat with the sauce. let this sit for another 3 minutes – stir frequently * you want the beef to be completely sticky with this sauce
- remove from wok and garnish with carrots, green onions and sesame seeds
This one is sooo good!
While this was cooking …. I also was working on the Sweet & Sour Chicken in a pan on the stove… see that recipe next!
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.