Chinese food is one of my favourite things to order in. Its so tasty!
I was craving Chinese food so I called my Best Gal Pal and I said lets get together for Chinese! I decided to attempt to make my own Chinese food. Frankly you pay way more to get it delivered then you do to buy the ingredients and make it yourself.
Chinese food is detailed as there is a lot of flavour combination but its not difficult to make. Its a bit time consuming but it will be worth it – I promise!!
For my first dish I made Chow Mein.
What you need:
- 1/2 package of thin egg noodles (454g package)
- 1/2 package of bean sprouts
- 1 container of white sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 baby bok choy cleaned and chopped
- 3 large carrots – julienned (Sticks)
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 water for the wok
- 1/2 tsp butter
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 -3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
What to do:
- whisk your sauce ingredients and set aside
- cut vegetables and garlic and bring a pot of water to boil
- add sesame oil to a medium high wok and drop in your mushrooms – let brown on each side – remove
- add in your bok choy, cabbage, garlic and carrots and turn the wok down to medium low mix well – add water and let veggies steam for 3-4 minutes
- drop egg noodles into the boiling water these take 3-4 minutes
- add mushrooms back into the wok and add your sauce – stirring well
- add egg noodles to the wok (i just used a pasta spoon and moved from from the pot to my wok)
- toss noodles with sauce well and add your green onions lastly.
- move chow mein to a bowl and tin foil until ready to eat (i started my ginger beef next in the wok)
next…. Ginger Beef in the Wok!!
2 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Very good post.Welcome fakanal01 caffee.