The 2020 Season begins!!!
Hey gang! Happy First week of Football! Annnnddd I am actually late with getting this post out, sorry! It has been a long day! I was working a little over the weekend (mostly today) and the day got away with me. But, this weeks Game Day recipe is worth the wait!
Loaded Potato Skins
I actually wanna give a little shout out to my Dad on this recipe build, before I share the details of this one! My Dad has been really pushing his culinary limits over the past few years and gave me a new tip on how to get the BEST crispy baked potato. I gave it a whirl, and I will NEVER go back to foil wrapping my potatoes in the oven or on the BBQ ever again!
So Dad, thanks for the tip, this one I share with you!
- 6 Russet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- ½ bag of shredded Double Cheddar Cheese
- 15 slices of cooked Bacon cut into chunks
- 6 stems of Green onions chopped
- ½ container of Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chives
- Clean and dry your Potatoes
- Prick each potato with a fork twice on one side, and once on the other
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes
- Brush with EVOO and sprinkle sea salt (to taste)
- Cook on the BBQ for 20-25 minutes, skin to the grill, flipping the potatoes every 4-5 minutes until crispy and a knife goes in and out easily
- While the potatoes are on the BBQ, mix together your Dip ingredients
- Once cooked, Let the potatoes cool about 5 minutes before handling, with a sharp knife cut the potatoes in half (be careful not to break the skin), please on a baking sheet
- Scoop out the center of the potatoes so you have a nice boat looking potato
*Tip… keep the potatoes mash with some Boursin cheese and save for a side to steak for the week
- Top with Cheese and then bacon
- Place the baking sheet back on the BBQ and crank the heat to 500 – all you are doing is baking down that cheese (2 minutes)
- Once melted top with green onions and serve with your sour cream dipper!
Makes 12 skins
Printable Recipe below
Hope you all enjoyed Week 1!
Stay tuned for next week…
….. Grilled Cheese Bites… 3 ways!!!