HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE….uh – Yes please!
BBQ sauce is actually one of the easiest and most forgiving sauces to make! You have so much room to try just about anything. So get as creative as you can!!
My thing with BBQ sauces is I like to get some liquid smoke (look for it beside the BBQ sauce in your grocery store) it really gets that flavour in that sauce!
Here is what you need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp liquid hickory smoke
What to do:
- char the skin of your jalapeno, chop into chunks and put in food processor
- In a medium high sauce pan – melt the butter and add the brown sugar- stir
- In the food processor add your ketchup, vinegar, w sauce and spices with your jalapeno and blend
- Add to sauce pan and mix well
- turn down to medium low and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring frequently
* make sure it doesn’t burn
if your going to can the bbq sauce, I would do it well its still hot, if your just gonna store it in the fridge and use it over the next month or so – let it cool down and store in a good container.
It’s good on chicken or shrimp or steak…. it’s actually really delicious on a piece of buttered bread LOL. I would do a pulled pork with this BBq sauce in the crockpot too!