Over the May 2-4 weekend My Sister and I got together and had dinner… which we haven’t done since we no longer live together! I wanted to make something I knew she would like as well as peak her interest to cook it at home herself! I recently moved out and she took over my old place with her Boyfriend. She is growing up and now for the first time living independently! She is learning all about how Life really works…. how it’s a struggle at times but it is what you make of it. She is learning to Cook… she is wanting cookbooks and recipes and taking an interest in creating not just eating! Its in our blood… there is no doubt in my mind she will be fabulous — but whenever I can help her out – I will! So this was a dinner that was easy and Delicious and she could make at home too!
Here is what we had for dinner….
Balsamic Marinade Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Grilled Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Mushrooms, Baked Potatoes with all the fixings and Grilled Garlic Ciabatta Bread.
Here is what you need:
- 2 Chicken Breasts (2 large butterflied into 4 pieces)
- 3 Baking potatoes (russet potatoes) * I made enough for leftovers
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts cut into halves
- 1 cup of sliced Cremini mushrooms
- Garlic Butter (fresh grated garlic, butter & Parsley)
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 cup +2 tbsp Balsmic Vinegar
- 2 tbs Soy Sauce
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar
- 2 fat pinches of Black pepper
- Bacon Bits (Homemade – broken strips of bacon)
- Sour Cream
- Ciabatta Bread
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
Here is what you do:
- Take 2 chicken Breasts and butterfly them into halves so you have 4 pieces
- Grab a large ziplock bag and add 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar, 1/8 cup Brown Sugar and Black pepper
- Drop your 4 pieces of chicken into the bag – seal shake and put bake in the fridge. I marinated my over night but doing this a few hours before you eat is fine too!
- Clean and dry your potatoes, and take your knife and just stab some air pockets in and around the potato… This will help let the potato cook faster
- Wrap your potato in foil wrap
- Cut up your Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms place these into a pan that is okay to go on the Grill. **or make a little foil package with foil wrap – this works just a well!
- Add a good tbsp of Garlic Butter, the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and Thyme to your veggies – mix them up with a little EVOO and cover with foil
- Cut your ciabatta bread and slather it with garlic butter – Grilled garlic bread is like Crack to me!!
- Start your BBQ and get your potatoes on first – these will take the longest. about 20 minutes alone on a medium high grill
- at the 20-25 minute mark that potatoes are on the grill add your veggies on too – these will take about 10-15 minutes
- Your Chicken will go on last because they are thinner pieces they won’t take too long – about 5 minutes or so on the grill.
- Your bread goes on at the very end – what you want ti beautiful grill marks on your buttered bread… that is when you know its ready!!
When your chicken feels firm, your potatoes can clear a fork, your brussels sprouts fall off the fork…. You are Ready to EAT!!!
Hope you enjoy this one as much as my sister and I did!!