First – my apologies for not posting anything all week…
I managed to catch the flu and it took me down!
Anyways I am back to feeling better and I should have started with something much healthier then this as my first meal in days….but I didn’t!!
I neeeeded something DELICIOUS!
BUFFALO CHICKEN POUTINE with Fresh Pico de gallo, avocado & Sour cream
Now… with that being said… This meal is not as bad for you as it would be if you ordered this out! As Rachael Ray would put it “When you cook at home, you control the salt, the fat and the calories of these meals” so by using fresh ingredients and using my T-fel to cook the french fries – I saved on the fat, the salt and the calories!!!
A lot of People think you cant get the same taste at home as you can in a restaurant. But…I think you definitely can! Its all about control. Fat is delicious. BUT if you control when and where you put that fat and how much of it… you still get that great taste…I promise you!!
Anyways… enjoy this .. its seriously Addictive.
Here is what you need:
- Frozen French Fries (McCain’s is the way folks…shout out to Jay!) LOL
- 1 large boneless chicken Breast cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 bs flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 a red or green Bell pepper chopped
- 1 small or half a large Jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 avocado cut up however you want it ( I like rough chunks)
- Shredded Mozzarella (I did 1/2 cup… but hey – add more or a different cheese!)
- pinch of dried cilantro (optional)
- Pico de gallo
- 1 Large Tomato cut into smaller chunks
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- sea salt – to taste
- 1/4 cup jalapenos finely chopped (use less or take out the seeds before chopping to cut the heat)
What to do:
- Cook your chicken if you haven’t yet
- cook your fries… I did mine in the T-fel for 20 minutes NO OIL and they were perfect… but follow the package for Oven or Fryer instructions 🙂
- Turn your oven on to Broil – all your doing is melting that cheese
- Make Pico de gall:
- first lime juice, then salt, garlic,onions, jalapenos, and lastly Tomatoes
- mix it all up and let rest… (add more salt if you think it needs it)
- Cilantro is nice addition as well if you have it handy)
- In a sauce pot on medium high heat – melt your butter
- add your flour and whisk until combined (you just made a rue)
- add in your chicken stock about a minute after that flour mixes with butter … whisk!
- You want Gravy!!! so once it is thick add half your Franks Hot Sauce and turn off the heat
- In A Frying pan – toss your chicken peppers and Jalapenos into medium lightly oiled pan (Pam it if you got it)
- cook for about 5 minutes then add in your gravy to your chicken and peppers …. you want to combine it all!
- add the rest of your franks and turn off the heat
- your french fries should be done – drop these on a baking sheet or a pan
- add half your cheese
- add your franks chicken gravy
- add the rest of your cheese on top
- toss in oven until cheese melts (watch it — it doesn’t take long)
- remove from oven top with pico
- cut up avocado and place it on top
- sour cream and I garnished with the dried Cilantro
ENJOY! that Bite!!