Okay so Tacos… are like the best thing to make! Quick, Easy & Freakin Delicious. You can turn anything into a taco! I like to mix taco night up every once in awhile. So on this particular evening I wanted something sweet and spicy. So I decided to try out Strawberry and Jalapenos. Not only does it satisfy that take out craving; but this Taco isn’t heavy on the fat! A delectable and deadly delicious combination. This Taco is spicy and full of flavor and then you get some of that salsa in your night bite and it just sets your taste buds into a heavenly spiral of goodness.
Ugh.. Typing this out makes me wish i had some left overs right now!
Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa:
- 2 tbs Lime Juice
- 3 fat cloves of garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 or 1 Jalapeno finely chopped (use as much or as little as you want – some like it hot… some can’t handle the heat… ) *haha – see what i did there 🙂
- 1/4 cup onion (I like Red Onions in this recipe but White or Yellow will do)
- 1 large tomato or 2 small cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup quartered Strawberries
- Salt & Pepper to taste (S&P)
- Cilantro to taste (some like it, some hate it– use a little or a lot)
Tossing it together:
In a glass container with a good lid add the garlic, jalapenos, onion and lime juice. Mix with some S&P – let rest while you cut the rest of the ingredients up.
Tip: Make this part overnight and let that lime juice really infuse the flavors
Add in the Tomatoes, Strawberries and Cilantro – stir stir.
Place lid on and let it marinate in the fridge for an hour or 2 before serving.
Tip: If you find it dry and think you need more liquid. Hold off – let it rest in the fridge – the natural juices will mix with the lime and create a nice little juice of flavor. add a slight bit of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) – it will work too.
remove from fridge stir again and take a test bite but remember to safe some for Dinner!
- 1 package Ground chicken cooked
- My Mexican blend spice (Recipe to come)or grab a premade one
- Chipolte ( hot sauce works too)
- chopped Lettuce (I used Romaine – use whatever you got)
- Cheese grated ( I used Marble as its what i had in the fridge but Queso Fresco would be dynomite)
- avocado cut into chunks
- sour cream
- Strawberry & Jalapeno Salsa
Tossing it together:
Cook your ground chicken in a skillet once almost fully cooked add in your spices and your hot sauce (a little or a lot – your call)
Place the rest of your ingredients out like an assembly line. Once the chicken is cooked and ready to serve – start putting together your taco.
Tip: NOW – Everyone builds a taco there own way – but – a great tip my Dad taught me is sour cream should go down first it will hold the meat in the taco. Then add your meat and cheese. Cheese on Hot meat..mmmm…. so melty! then add your avocado, lettuce and salsa… fold your taco into half and take a bite! don’t forget… pinkys out friends! Tacos are classy!!