NFL 2019/2020 Season
Butter Chicken Burritos
Week 6 was a good week for me – so very happy I decided to play some odds! I took SF over the Rams which put me in the Number one spot on the Pool! I was back and forth on the KC and Houston game… I was switching my pick all week… I doubted myself Sunday morning and I pulled my Houston pick and went with KC at the very last minute (Hills return scared me – but it shouldn’t have). And I should have trusted my Gut. But what can you do!
This week we have some great games again! some really even match-ups so there is a lot of 50/50 picks so I am not gonna share any picks this week. I am hoping I hold my lead. Fingies Crossed! Also – shout out to Mahomes – rest up that Knee Bro – see you in a month!
Anyways – Today is Game Day! So we have Butter Chicken on the Menu today!
I have been working on my Indian cooking for a few years now, and I have to say – I think I have mastered the art of Butter Chicken!
Two things – this recipe is MASSIVE! 1. Cut the ingredients in half to make a smaller batch. But, 2. This freezes well. So feel free to make a big batch and just freeze the rest for another night if you are not feeding 12 people!
Here are the Roster details for this weeks Line up!
Butter chicken Ingredients
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp + 1.2 tsp cumin
- ½ tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 small cans of tomato sauce (2 big)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 + ½ stick of butter (divided in 3)
- ½ cup of chopped cilantro (more for topping if you want)
Garlic Naan ingredients
- Store-bought naan bread ( enough for 12- 14 pieces)
- 2 fat garlic cloves minced
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 2 tsp chopped Cilantro
- Follow instructions on the package (for 6-8 servings)
- Mix all spices together for Butter chicken
- Cut chicken breasts into ½ inch cubes and use HALF the spice mix to cover the chicken
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes
- In a large pot, turn to medium-high add ½ stick of butter, and brown chicken for about 5 minutes (do this in 2 batches if you don’t have a large enough pot)
- Remove the chicken once browned, add in another ½ sick of butter, onions, and garlic, cook down 2 minutes
- Start rice – follow instructions on the package – Basmati rice takes a while
- Turn heat down to medium add the remaining spice mix to the onions and garlic, cook down for 5 minutes – stirring occasionally
- Add tomato sauce and stir. Let simmer for about 10 minutes
- Add chicken back into the sauce – let cook for another 20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add whipping cream to the sauce, stir and let sit for another 15 minutes
- Turn oven on to 350 – in a bowl add butter, garlic, and cilantro
- Coat the naan bread on one side with garlic butter mixture and put in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Lastly, add ½ stick of butter and cilantro to butter chicken sauce – let the butter meltdown and stir well
- Take naan bread out of the oven and make your burritos! (I cut up extra cilantro for a Topping – but it’s not necessary)
One more note…. these are MESSY but totally worth the fight!!!
Printable Recipe Below